The park has been created in 1983 by amalgamation of three sanctuaries- Rajaji sanctuary(estd. 1948) Motichur sanctuary (estd. 1964) and Chilla sanctuary(estd. 1977) after the name of renowned statesman and freedom fighter Sri C. Rajgopalachariya - The first and last Governor General of independent India popularly known as "Rajaji". The park is spread over an area of 820.42 sq. km. in three Districts- Dehradun, Haridwar & Pauri Garhwal of Uttaranchal State, India.
We shall do whatever required to cherish the memories of RNP, which we got during visit there.